Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Doing what I love to do

Today was a day full of amazing deals that spiraled me in to the best mood ever!  Most of you who know me, know that Zoey dove both feet first into the world of American Girl dolls last year.  I run a buy/sell/trade group on Facebook with over 2100 members now.  I awoke to posts all over all the groups with rumor of AG being on Jill's Steals and Deals on the Today Show this morning!  I scored a set of 3 outfits for her dolls that normally are $24-28 each, for a total of $39.95 shipped!  Three more nights of Hanukkah checked off!

As I was still buzzing from that deal, I had to check my daily Zulily email.  I had several people sign up from my shared link a while back and someone recently made a purchase, so I had $15 credit that has been burning a hole in my virtual pocket for days now!  Zoey needs a black "fur" bolero for a couple of dresses she has for the holiday season, but everywhere I have looked, they are $25 or more.  Not today, my friends!  Today they were on Zulily for $14.99!  Chaaaa-Ching!!!!!

Every Wednesday afternoon we journey 45 miles back to West Knoxville where we used to live so that Zoey can cheer with her favorite coach.  We tried to join the team here through the same company and none of us were enjoying it, so D and I decided it was a schlep we were willing to make.  Since we are Target-less out here, I usually go on Wednesdays while out on that side of town.  Several trips ago I had earned a $5 gift card for stocking up on toothpaste and soap and the like, so today I decided to cash in.  On 70% off Halloween candy!  I had been having so much fun saving today, how could I resist?  2 huge bags filled with Snickers and Kit Kat and Milky Way and I don't even remember what else, came to 29 cents out of pocket.  What a sweet end to a trifecta of great bargains!!!!

PS - A HUGE shout out to my friend Crystal for allowing me to borrow her PicMonkey Royale to play around with a banner for the blog.  Another freebie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment