Saturday, November 8, 2014

Weekend Gone

Yesterday after school, both kids fell asleep.  I knew nothing good could come of it, but it was sure nice and quiet!  Then comes dinner time.  Kieran said he was full and didn't want to even sit at the table without holding his nose.  He hadn't had as much of a snack as he normally does.  It was at that moment I knew the weekend was over before it even began.  Here is where you learn why I truly am mediocre at best :/

We packed up the left overs (just boxed noodles with jar sauce, at least it was Emril's!), everything was cleaned up, and then THE sound, the dreaded sound, the sound that makes me shut completely down and literally run for the hills.  Kieran was throwing up.  Those reading this right now know me personally, those reading back might not have learned yet.  I can wipe a million noses and I can wipe dirty butts all day long.  A friend 5 states away can PM me that she feels queasy and it sends me into a state of panic.  I just don't deal.  I never have, and I just don't see it getting any better as I age.  I spent the night as a true wimp, sleeping on the couch in the basement watching tv with rabbit ears.  Not my moment to shine :(

This morning he is feeling better, he hasn't eaten yet, but he has had some water.  He has asked for McDonalds of Noodles the restaurant.  So I know he is on the mend, yet he has chosen to stay snuggled in his bed where he can watch his choice of movie.  Occasionally he will call me in for a hug, which I will happily oblige, while holding my breath.

So since it appears we are home for the weekend, I have big plans to sort through boxes in the garage, there is tons to post online and sell.  I also spent a few minutes (ok, hours) on Pinterest and have a craft planned.  I also have four sets of doll bedding I need to cut and sew for a friend and some packages to ship out.  Ok, ok, you can stop laughing.  Check in tomorrow night to see how much, if any, I accomplished!


1 comment: