Friday, November 21, 2014

On the mend

Not to worry, I am still here!  I was feeling a bit under the weather with some sort of tummy bug which left me physically and emotionally drained for a couple of days.  Not much of an appetite, but feeling much better today!  So now I am ready to talk turkey!!!!  D loves to deep fry the turkey, and we will be doing so for the first time in several years this Thanksgiving.  He also loves to make garlic mashed potatoes using red new potatoes, skin on.  Stuffing is cooked seperately, a la Alton Brown, using a mix of bread crumb stuffing and sausage, yuuummmmmmmyyy!!!  Which leaves the veggies.  Z and I are the only ones that eat green beans, and neither of us care for green bean casserole. So share with me your favorite Thanksgiving veggie recipies!!!  Z requested asparagus, but I fear this far out of season they won't be flavorful.  I would love brussel sprouts, but again, I am the only fan in the family.  Help a mommy out, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. I HATE Sweet Potatoes but this way... I'll eat... http://www.cooks.com/recipe/9h4eg13n/senator-russells-sweet-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete